Monday, March 30, 2009

DELICIOUS Dessert!!!

Do you like a nice, gooey brownie? Perhaps some peanut butter? Maybe some marshmallows, and the crunch of Rice Crispies? Then this one is for you! A mom in my MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) group made these, and though she didn't have a recipe, she kinda mentioned what she did, so I did my best, and the result was AMAZING! It's super simple and great for any occasion!!

What you need:

1 box brownie mix (I use Betty Crocker Fudge Brownie mix)
1/2 bag of mini marshmallows
1/2 stick of butter
12 oz. bag of semi-sweet chocolate morsels
Approx. 1 cup peanut butter (no need to really measure it out - just 2 big globs)
2 cups Rice Crispies

What you do:

* Make brownies in a 13x9 pan as directed.
* With 5 minutes cooking time remaining, take out brownies and cover evenly with the marshmallows.
* Return to oven and bake another 7 minutes. (that's 7, not 5)
* In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add and melt (stir continuously) chocolate chips.
* Stir in peanut butter til blended
* Stir in Rice Crispies (will be thick and tough to stir).
* When brownies are done, top marshmallows with 6 globs of chocolate mixture, and spread over and through marshmallows. It can and will look messy - just try to make all ingredients even over the whole thing.
* Refrigerate til ready to serve. (Not necessary, but a lot yummier, I think!) I refrigerated my last batch overnight, then took them out and cut them a couple hours before serving, and they were great!

Good luck and ENJOY!! Oh, and they are fat free (haha, yeah right!)

7 comments:

*Chewning Momma* said...

That sounds good belly buddy!!! :) thanks..you know I love more recipes. I must try this one soon. hehe

Sam said...

I could actually hear my arteries clogging as I read that recipe.

Birdie said...

Hey, that sounds great. When I wake up from my sugar comma, I'll send you some of my dessert recipes.

Birdie said...

Sugar "comma"? Ha! I meant Coma! But you knew that, huh.

Erica said...

Sounds yummy!

nick mucci said...

...thanks ange...
:)

vic said...

Miss Domestic,
How about that irresistible granola cookie recipe??