Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I'm Back - with a complete life update!

How many excuses can I give for why it's been so long since I've blogged? Procrastination, sick kids, life issues...the list could go on. But, here I am. I'm back. And we've all been back - from Scotland for three weeks now. I can't believe it's been that long already! It seems like a lot has happened in those three weeks, though...

Sick kids. Oh boy! Well, all three kids came home with ear infections and conjunctivitis. They were all on anti-biotics - Caleb did well, Hannah got some nasty, 'need-a-prescription-for-this' diaper rash, and Johnny broke out in a full body rash (see picture). I guess we found our first allergy! Also, Johnny got the 24 hour stomach virus during the other sicknesses, which was terrible!! We shipped off the other two kids to Grandma's for a day and night so we could focus on helping Johnny get through it. And, he did, but not before Jon caught the bug. A few days later Caleb started complaining about headaches, neck pain and an achy body. I was convinced he had bacterial meningitis, but we stuck it out for a couple days before freaking out, then took him to the doctor who assured us it was just viral symptoms, and it's just the time of year for it all. Phew! So, aside from Hannah being on diaper rash medication, we are all healthy and well again.

Onto life issues... Well, for as long as I can remember I have struggled with self-image, self-esteem, negativity and identity problems. And while I still don't know who I am and what I'm gonna be when I grow up, God has truly freed me from some of my negativity and concerns. It had hit a pretty major low just last week, but after talking with Jon and another friend who gave some simple suggestions, and after my MOPS (Mother's of Preschoolers) group, and after the start of the new sermon series at New Hope (all three timed perfectly, I must add...God, was that you??), I feel a new freshness about each day. I'm feeling less overwhelmed and so much more in control of my life and my situations. I am in the process of making a list of things about myself and my life that I can change when I partner with God, knowing that 'I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me'. So, I'm giving life a thumbs up these days! (Thanks for hearing me out about my personal struggles in life - we're all human, right?! Oh, and that's me recording in Phil's attic studio.) So hopefully no more procrastinating and being lazy with blogging...we'll see.

Also in the latest news, Jon turned 29 yesterday. He's a bit concerned about how close to 30 that is, but, we all know he's still a young-un. (How would you spell that??) This new American citizen has a fresh outlook on life, as well, and is excited about the future. While still unemployed, he's got his application in some places, and has some ideas for down the road. We shall see where the good Lord leads...and we know that He always does lead, so that's reassuring! In the meantime, Jon's doing some work on our friend's new house, which he loves doing. He's also working on getting his CD together, which should be available sometime soon. For a sneak peek at one of the songs, check out newhopejourney.com and see what you think!

It turns out I'm already 5 months pregnant with this amazing baby #4. Boy, how time flies! It's amazing to feel our little GIRL (for those who didn't know) wiggling around and kicking me in the gut or the ribs. That is a feeling that just never gets old - I LOVE it! The babe's name is Lily or Lilly...we haven't decided if there will be one 'l' or two 'l's' in the middle yet, but at least we know the name. We're almost set on a middle name, too, but since it isn't 100% we won't share it just yet. It's amazing how I can be in love with little Lily (Lilly) already, and she's just 11 inches long and I have no idea what she's like or looks like. I guess that's one of the miracles of parenthood!

Well, while we had an AMAZING time with Jon's family in Scotland, we are happy to be home, and are pleased the weather has improved so we can be outside a lot more! HAPPY SPRING, everyone! :)

(This is a picture of Hannah with her little buddy Lily from next door.)

4 comments:

PRS & ALS said...

I'm glad you're home too. Missed you lots. And I'm glad the kids and Jon are well again.

Happy Birthday, Jon! And you're still young whether it feels like it or not.

I love the name Lily (Lilly). Beautiful!

Love, Momma/Grandma

Amber Shomo said...

Yay for another post! :) I will give you an update on Rice & Beans soon!! Another two dinners to go. Congrats on 5 months already - time does fly. And it's nice to know I'm not the only one with major self esteem (etc) issues in life. For what it's worth, you've always seemed very confident to me and I've always even looked up to you in a sort of way!! Have a great night :)

Dave and Betsy's Blog said...

Thanks so much for the update Ang. I'm sorry for all the sicknesses!! When one kid gets it, all do, huh? Luckily it seems you were spared, which is awesome!!! I feel Jon's pain b/c I always get what JJ has!

It has always broken my heart to see the struggles you go through with self image b/c I think you're so beautiful, inside and out. Thanks for putting it out there b/c a lot of people are struggling with it and allowing others to be on this journey with you.

I'm also thrilled for Spring for you guys too!!! Weather can make SUCH a difference (as I sit here happy in sunny California!)!!! Awesome to hear from you again...

Jan Russell said...

Love the update, Ang! Lily is a beautiful name!!!