Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Beans, Beans, the Musical Fruit...

I was emailed this super yummy recipe from Spark People (a "diet" website I was VERY briefly a part of right before I found out I was pregnant with Lily) for "Black Bean Hummus", and since we have an overabundance of black beans in our "Austin Convenience Store" (thank you, WIC) I decided to make some. It's 2 cans of black beans, 1/2 an onion, 1/2 green pepper, some garlic and ground cumin all blended up with some salsa. Yummy. Healthy. Delicious on a whole wheat wrap or as a chip dip. Yesterday I had my one serving (1/2 cup) of this dip along with one serving of (organic) tortilla chips (9 chips), and enjoyed every bite! Shortly after was time for me to serve the kids lunch. We had some leftover chili in the fridge (thank you Cheri), so I divvied it up for the kids and saw that there was a perfect (and healthy!) serving size left for me. So, that was lunch. I wondered how my stomach would do with so many beans, but the day went on just fine...UNTIL I hopped on the treadmill in the evening. After about 3/4 of a mile my stomach started to rumble. After exactly 1.082 miles I had to jump off the treadmill and run to the bathroom, which is where I spent the remainder of the evening...UGH!! It felt like the first morning of The Master Cleanse all over again (except this time it wasn't self-induced with a laxative)!

So, tomorrow is weigh-in #2. I definitely feel and see a difference this week, but I'm wondering if Aunt Flo will have some negative influence on the actual weigh-in. I know it's more how I FEEL than what the numbers say, so either way...

Off to have a healthy (non-bean-related) snack!!

No comments: