Saturday, May 22, 2010

For some reason I've been losing a little of my motivation to really be eating healthy. When I'm out or at a friend's house I feel like I'm just throwing it all down the drain and eating what everyone else is having, regardless of how bad it is for me. I am wondering if it's partially due to the fact that my healthy and yummy breakfast foods are gone. I'd been having 3 egg whites with salsa (actually REALLY yummy!) and/or some organic vanilla yogurt with granola. With those things not being in the house, I feel like my day isn't jump started with healthy eating like it had been. Instead I've been having either whole wheat toast with Simply Jif peanut butter or some Multi-Grain Cheerios...both of which are pretty good, but not my usual start to the day that's been exciting to me. Hmmm... Maybe I should just get out and actually go shopping and see if helps to have that food around.

This week has been really good for my work-out plan. I've done 2 days of interval training on the treadmill, which I love....after it's all over. It's TOUGH, though! It's going back and forth between a quick walk to all different speeds of jogging and running - all the way to 10mph - kill me now! I sweat like a nasty beast when it's done! But, I know I've worked hard, at least! I've done 2 days of lifting, which has been really cool. I'm supposed to be focusing on doing the exercise correctly and breathing the right way - amazing the difference those things make! It doesn't take much to really feel my muscles working! I also did 1 day of just walking...3 miles wit friends at a walking trail plus another 2 miles on the treadmill. I enjoy a good long walk!

I just don't know if I'm going to make it down to my goal weight. I feel stuck right around this 140 spot...feel like I've been stuck here for years! Just need to stick with it, I guess...and wait until I reach my goal to allow myself to plateau. Hmph - I'm a big whiner, huh?! :)

3 comments:

Sam said...

Do you like fresh fruit? Adding a simple thing like fresh blueberries or raspberries can liven up any breakfast. It adds great flavor which helps you in the bland breakfast department, and it adds nutrition which helps in the diet department. Just thought I'd throw in an option.

Mandy Mucci said...

nick and I have been eating the poor man's healthy breakfast...oatmeal but we've been having fun spicing it up with things in the house. Yesterday: made with juice instead of water and added peanut butter. Today: Me- made with milk and added chopped walnuts, peanut butter, and brown sugar. Nick- made with water, added chopped walnuts and maple syrup. We also have been adding berries to make it happier in the morning as finances allow. Keep it up, you can do it!!

PRS & ALS said...

Thanks for sharing your journey! Many of us are on it and it helps to hear what you're doing. Hang in there and keep at it.

As you know, Dad and I are also changing how we eat and it too is a process. We were with fam this weekend and attended a wedding, so there were lots of opportunities to eat unhealthy foods. I thought I'd eaten less than healthy, but actually didn't gain (or lose) any weight.

It has been challenging for me to stick to the diet while working the census and just grabbing lunch quickly. I try to take foods with me that are more healthy. But after a day of walking house to house in scorching weather, an ice cream tastes really good. So, it's an ongoing challenge.

I guess we can all cheer each other on as we tackle the challenge of taking care of our bodies.

Mom