Monday, May 17, 2010

A (GREAT) So-So Weekend & the "Plan"

The weekend away had it's good points and it's bad points - as far as the eating and exercising goes...the time away was ALL good! It was refreshing, relaxing and so much fun to catch up with friends and spend some much needed time with just adults! Back to the eating... The first afternoon and night I spent with some friends who have been following my little journey towards reclaiming my body, so Erin (my friend) greeted me with a 4 mile walk, and a healthy dinner that night. It was great! I skipped breakfast the following morning (I know, not smart, right?) because I knew I would be eating out for the rest of the weekend. Some choices were better than others, and I didn't get any more exercise in (besides walking through the shops and streets).

So, today is a new day, and I am READY to get back on track....not that there is really a track - which is actually what I really love about my change this time around, is that it's not about diets or rules, it's just about lifestyle changes. In the past when I have cut something out of my diet, like desserts for example, that's ALL I can think about. I crave it. I yearn for it. I NEED it. But this time, I am allowing myself whatever, whenever. In general, I am just trying to make smarter choices, and I'm happy with the results so far. I feel better, I am starting to look better, and I'm realizing that I can do it! Cheesy, ain't it?! ;)

Today I am starting my little exercise "plan" that our friend John gave me. It fits my schedule and is all very doable! It has variety, and I'm not going to be forcing myself to try and do things I don't like...I always wished that I loved running long distances, but I just don't! So anyway, this routine works best for my body to help meet my goals.

Here's the layout of my week:

Monday and Thursday: Lifting (5 specific exercises) and 20 minutes of whatever on the treadmill, but only if I WANT - sweet, huh?!
Tuesday and Friday: 20 minute interval training on the treadmill
Wednesday: 45-60 minutes of walking or jogging or whatever I want on the treadmill

That's it, really. I'd like to try and maybe get out to the walking trail on Saturdays with the family, but that ends up being more of a stroll than a work-out sometimes. But, what's more important than spending time with the family, so WHO CARES! :)

Well, the kiddos are asleep so I'd better hop to it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I genuinely admire you. You have such a great life. I'm glad that you were able to get away for a much needed weekend away. Thanks for sharing your journey. It gives me hope.