Monday, May 3, 2010

I Love Jon - and Hair Elastics

Why is it that I have such a difficult time believing Jon when he tells me I look good or that I am beautiful? I'm sure if he didn't mean it, he just wouldn't say anything, but since he's offering up the compliment on his own, I should just believe him. But still I doubt. How could he possibly - that's what I always wonder. Whether I choose to believe him or not (which I do try really hard to, although I have trouble accepting compliments as it is) I am married to an AMAZING, loving and supportive man. Awwww...isn't that sweet? For real, though. When I see so many relationships around me falling apart or under tons of strain, I thank God for giving me the perfect match for me. Not that there is never any strain, but in the big picture, I am BLESSED with having Jon in my life.

That's not even what I was thinking I was going to write about - it just came out. So, there's a shout out to Jon Austin for you all!! (For some more good stuff about Jon Austin, check him out here! ;))

I've been feeling good - good about eating well and being excited to eat well, and good about getting my exercise in regularly. While my apple shape is still tough to accept, I am at least happy to see a little bit of that clavicle returning...I love that bone! One thing I am looking forward to is being able to try on clothes in a dressing room and not want to throw up every time I put a different shirt onm or take the shirt off again, for that matter. Plus, what the heck, why is it that my booty and legs can look decent in a pair of jeans, but only jeans that I need an extra 4 inches around the waist...argh! And I REFUSE to wear maternity jeans...I didn't even do that when I was pregnant. Hair elastics work wonders - highly recommend those puppies!! ;)

I'm looking forward to Wednesday morning so I can see if I have lost a couple of pounds. I'll admit, I did an unofficial weigh-in this morning (go ahead and verbally spank me...I said it was UNofficial, ok?!), but since it was unofficial, I won't even mention any results.

In other news... I think Lily might be a baby genius (all parents know that about their children, obviously). She's almost 9 1/2 months now, and she has been saying "hi" for awhile. But, I swear, she tries to copy nearly everything we say. Jon heard her say "all done" tonight, which I was happy about because he was starting to think I was making stuff up each time I told Jon she was saying that. She has also copied "bottle", "up", "Daddy", "Momma" and even "necklace". She waves hi and na-night. Seriously, someone call the press - I have given birth to (an un-insane version of) Einstein!


BTW - keep up the voting at the top of the page, all you new readers. So far I am not at all surprised by the results!

1 comment:

PRS & ALS said...

I've been amazed that every time I see Lily she's doing something new. She's growing up so fast. What a doll!

Momma