Thursday, May 20, 2010

Wed. Weigh-In...A Wasted Week!

Well, yesterday was weigh-in number 3, and while it wasn't as bad as I thought it might be, I wasn't happy with the results. I gained .4 pounds - almost a half a pound, and was 141.6. Not surprising after my weekend away...details on that weekend are in the previous post if anyone cares. I was SUUUUPER excited to get into the 130's, so I was bummed feeling like I'd wasted a whole week. Now I have to keep trying and see if I can get there by next Wednesday.

I have started my lifting and interval training routine, which has been great! The lifting seems a little easy, so I may need to find out about tweaking that a bit. But 20 minutes of interval training between 4mph and 10mph on the treadmill kicked my BUTT - and it felt SO good afterward! I'm really looking forward to keeping this up and seeing the results.

One of the motivating factors for me in all this is helping to inspire others to get up and go, too. My sister-in-law has been out regularly walking and I am SO proud of her for getting out there and doing it! Also, I was super mean to my friend last night and MADE her get off her butt and exercise - haha! She protested, but felt so good in the end that she'd done it. I'm really proud of you guys!! :) So, let's stay in this together, shall we? :)

2 comments:

Stacy Dazet said...

Great job Ang! Don't be discouraged. Remember that weight training is producing muscle which equals more weight. I guess I am saying that you shouldn't necessarily equate a good week with losing pounds. By the way, I think you look great at 141!

Jeff and Serena said...

Stacy, I was going to say the same thing!
If I've learned anything from my own healthy living journey (not calling it 'weight loss' - that's not what it is)is that we get too tied down to the scale and the number we see on there, when we should be proud of ourselves for the journey to a healthy lifestyle, no matter the number.
Keep up the great work, and I agree with Stacy again, you look great!